Temple Eastex Shop Offices

Contact An Agent
Temple Eastex Shop Offices 1986 Survey Information
  • Site No.: D-1011
  • Address: 000 Temple Eastex Plant
  • Name:  Temple Eastex Shop Offices
  • Date: 1910s-1920s
  • City: Diboll
  • Condition: Good – Fair
  • Description: 1-story frame with drop wood siding; rectangular plan; hip roof with extended eaves pierced by 3 dormer windows; windows are aluminum replacement; pier and beam foundation.  [1986 Notes:  Style/Type:  Railroad Depot; Original Use:  Railroad Depot and Offices; Present Use:  Offices]
  • Significance:  Originally utilized as offices for the railroad; currently occupied by the electrical crew of the mill.   It is located immediately adjacent to the railroad tracks and sidings.
Temple Eastex Shop Offices 2018 Survey Information
  • Owner:  Georgia Pacific Wood Producta
  • Description:  Old administration buildings were demolished in 2003-2004; new building in 2002-2005. 1999- renovated the mill, then began to demolish the old one.  The cypress board room table was run by Mr. Temple here on the sawmill when Sam Rayburn Lake was built.