201 E. Main 2010 Survey Information

201_E_Main 2010 Survey Form

Note: In fall 2012 the Kennedy Jewelry business closed and the building is vacant.

201 E. Main 2007 National Register Information

  • Address: 201 E. Main
  • Name: Kennedy’s
  • Previous Name: Weeks Drug; Schindler Drug and Jeweby (1912); Kennedy Drug and Jewelry (1915); Kennedy Jewelry (1944).
  • Date: 1907
  • Type: Two part
  • Contributing: Yes

201 E. Main 1986 Survey Information

  • Address: 201 E. Main
  • Name: Kennedy’s Jewelry, Etc.
  • Date: 1900
  • Block: 9
  • Lot: 11 and 12
  • Condition: Good
  • Description: 2-story brick Commercial structure with flat roof; “Weeks” and “Hardeman” on parapet; 2-bays with inset plate glass entry and display windows; metal awnings; decorative brickwork uses protruding stretchers; corbeled pressed tin cornice; 2/1 double-hung windows at second level, some with cast concrete lintels and some with segmental brick arches.
  • Significance: Shown on 1912 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map as 2-story brick with frame awning; used as drugs and jewelry on west, dry goods on east; east side had ironclad enclosure on second floor.