101 Fuller Springs Road at Chesnut

Ask About this Resource
101 Fuller Springs Road at Chesnut Photographs
101 Fuller Springs Road at Chesnut 1986 Survey Information
  • Site No.: L-0843
  • Address: 101 Fuller Springs Road at Chesnut
  • Name: Harmony Hill School
  • Date: 1902
  • Town: Lufkin
  • Condition: Fair; extensively remodeled
  • Description: 1-story frame and brick in T-plan; composition gable roof with vertical frame infill; older portion is at rear with load-bearing masonry walls, lintels over replacement windows; concrete on projecting wood porch, lap siding, wood posts; building has extended rafter ends; paneled doors on older rear entrance; brick arches on west facade have been filled in; new addition in front is on concrete block foundation with asbestos siding.
  • Significance: School was established by 1885 with 23 scholastics and an annual budget of 5169.70. Trustees were W. J. Massingill, W. W. Hopper, and W. J. Gann on August 1, 1885.