213 North First Street

Contact An Agent
213 North First Street  1986 Survey Information
  • Site No.: L-0075
  • Address: 213 North First Street
  • Name: Collmorgen’s Delicatessen/ Piney Woods, Inc.
  • Date: 1907
  • Town: Lufkin
  • Block: 2
  • Lot: 5 and 6
  • Architect/Builder:  Henderson, Shearer, Miller
  • Condition: Good; altered storefront; windows closed on sides; partially filled at second floor front.
  • Description: 2-story; load-bearing brick with brick veneer on front, stucco on sides; brick foundation; rectangular plan; flat roof with parapet, sheet metal coping on front, brick coping on sides; two-bay facade with 6/6 wood windows on first floor; flat wood frame awning across front; double aluminum and glass entry doors; second story windows that have been filled in have an arched head.
  • Significance:  On August 16, 1907, W. A. and Lena Collmorgan gave a Mechanic Lien to the construction firm of Henderson, Shearer, and Miller for the construction of a brick building, part of it 1-story (at the rear), part of it 2-story.  The amount of the lien was $5,200.00.  The structure was to be constructed of brick with composition roofing and plastered throughout.  It was to be completed by November 1907.  The 1908 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map (Sheet 3) shows a 2-story brick structure.  The 1928 City Directory lists Collmorgan’s Delicatessen Market and Bakery.