118/120 South First Street

2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 118-120 South First 118/120 South First Street 1986 Survey Information Site No.: L-0083 Address: 118/120 South First Street Name: Deep East Texas Council of Governments Date: 1900-1910 Town: Lufkin Block: 4 Lot: 15 and 16 Condition: Good; extensively altered facade; could have historic facade underneath. Description: 2-story; brick with stucco; modem brick veneer with aggregate and smooth faced panels at second floor; second floor windows on north side are 1/1 wood double-hung with arched head; inset entry at ground floor – aluminum and glass, narrow inset fixed windows; fragment of a Neoclassical or Victorian facade visible at corner. Significance:  The 1928 City Directory lists the Taylor Wood Building occupied on the first floor by Taylor Hardware Company and C. C. Murray, Optometrist; the second floor was offices occupied by Littlejohn and Abnes, insurance, Retail Merchants Association, T. A. Taylor, physician, Texas Forest Service, Division of Forest Protection, and J. P. Hunter,...

view the listing