301 East Austin

301 East Austin 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 301 East Austin

view the listing

309 East Austin

309 East Austin 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Information 309 East Austin

view the listing

125 North First

125 North First 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 125 North First  

view the listing

222 East Shepherd

222 East Shepherd 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 222 East Shepherd

view the listing

118-122 South Second

118-122 South Second 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 188-122 South Second

view the listing

715 West Cox

715 West Cox Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 715 West Cox

view the listing

517 West Cox

517 West Cox 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 517 West Cox

view the listing

408-412 Sunset

408-412 Sunset 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 408-412 Sunset

view the listing

319 Sunset

319 Sunset 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 319 Sunset

view the listing

314 Sunset

314 Sunset 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 314 Sunset

view the listing

311 Sunset

311 Sunset 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 311 Sunset

view the listing

303 N. Mound

303 N. Mound Summer 2011 Survey Information According to the Dec 1, 2003 Nacogdoches Historic Landmark Preservation Committee minutes the house was painted Wedgewood Blue with burgundy accents, additional carpentry work was done at same time. Sanborn Map 1906 303_Mound_Street 2011 Summer Survey Form 303 N. Mound 1990 National Register Information Address: 303 N. Mound Date: 1920 Category: Contributing Block: 3 Lot: 10 Description: 2-story; wood frame with lapped siding; brick foundation; rectangular plan, gable roof with later addition; projecting shed roof at porch; composition shingles; inset porch, partially closed in with wood box columns over brick piers; windows 1/1 wood double-hung, some with simple hood mold; single entry door; porte cochere on south, exterior brick chimney on south. 303 N. Mound 1986 Survey Information Address: 303 N. Mound Name: Beck’s Beauty Shop Date: 1920s Block: 3 Lot: 10 Condition: Good; altered at second floor and porch area Description: 2-story; wood frame with lapped siding; brick foundation; rectangular plan, gable roof with later addition; projecting shed roof at porch; composition shingles; inset porch, partially closed in with wood box columns over brick piers; windows 1/1 wood double-hung, some with simple hood mold; single entry door; porte cochere on south, exterior brick chimney on...

view the listing

730 N. Mound

2011 Summer Survey 2011 Summer Survey Form 730_N._Mound 730 N. Mound 1990 National Register Information Address: 730 N. Mound Date: 1895-90 Category: Contributing Block: 26 Lot: 9 Description: 1-story frame dwelling with modified L-Plan; hip roof with gables; composition shingles; 1/1 wood-sash double-hung windows; porch with brick supports; art glass border in front wing windows; bargeboard jigsawn in front gable; addition on...

view the listing

408 N. Mound

408_Mound_Street 2011 Summer Survey Description: One of the best preserved historic homes on Mound Street. Underneath the gables are decorative bracketing, and under the second floor balcony there is dentil work that is also present above the front entry doors, as well as the second story door that leads to the second story porch over the entry. The most notable feature is the front iron spiral staircase that leads from the first floor porch to the second story porch. The left side of the house contains a projecting bay, like many of the Dietrich Rulfs’ other houses depict. A easily overlooked detail of the house is a still functioning clock above the driveway on the right side of the house. Significance: From 1931- 1961, the house was under the ownership of Mrs. Mary Moon and her daughter, Sarah Jane Moon. In 1961, the house was used by Cason Monk Funeral Home as a chapel during the time they were building their new chapel. By 1962, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Taylor Jr. bought the home. Mrs. Taylor converted the downstairs into an antique shop. (ETRC Vertical Files: Nacogdoches- Historic Homes; Daily Sentinel April 22, 1963) Update: Granted Historical Overlay Zoning in 1991 to qualify for local historical marker. House has been used as a bed and breakfast, so the the front spiral staircase had to be added as part of...

view the listing

102 North Street

102 North 2010 Survey Click here for the 526epilar 102_North skjdlkkd    www.sfasu.edu 102 North 1986 Survey Information Address: 102 North Date: 1960 Block: 10 Lot: 1 Condition: Excellent Description: 1-story rectangular brick commercial structure with flat roof; curved cornice; fixed glass windows, plate glass and metal doors; fabric...

view the listing

2700 North Pecan

2700 North Pecan 2011 Summer Survey The Nacogdoches Historic Landmark Preservation Committee granted Historic Overlay Status to the house at 2700 North Pecan on December 5, 2005. 2700npecan 2011 Summer Survey 2700 N. Pecan 1986 Survey Information Address: 2700 N. Pecan Date: 1930s Block: 50 Lot: 16 Condition: Good Description: 1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; brick foundation; ell plan; intersecting gable roofs with faceted extended beam ends and rafter ends, composition shingles; inset porch with brick columns, wood floor; windows 6/1 wood double-hung; singly and in pairs; brick chimney on west exterior; wood and multipaned glass entry door; detached garage at northeast...

view the listing

902 Old Tyler Road

902 Old Tyler Road 2012 Survey This is the site of the former City of Nacogdoches first waterworks which included the brick tool building and concrete holding tanks. In 1926 the city expanded the facility and added the house, garage, pumping station, and shop. The site was vacant for several years in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The current owners have been slowly rehabilitating the structures through the use of sympatheic adaptive reuse. The waters wells on the site were used until about 11 years ago (2000). The garage was converted in 2005/2006 The house was restored in 2007; it has aluminum windows, some of the roof framing had to be replaced. The former electrical power plant was stablized in 2008 with steel crossbeams The tool building has a 2′ thick slab and its original steel casement windows The water tanks, built in 1917, used to hold 130,000 gallons of water and are supported by a 12′ slab and concrete walls of at least a 1′ thick For historic maps of the Nacogdoches Light and Power Company site see the Sanborn Maps in the UT Perry Castaneda Collection. Sheet 9 of the 1912 Nacogdoches Map Sheet 6 of the 1921 Nacogdoches Map Sheet 1 of the 1922 Nacogdoches...

view the listing

202 E. Pilar

202 E. Pilar 2010 Survey Information Click here for the 2010 survey form.202_E_Pilar 202 E. Pilar 2007 National Register Information Address: 202 E Pilar Name: City Hall Previous Name: Liberty Hotel / Hampton Building Date: 1891 Type: Two part Contributing: Yes 202 E. Pilar 1986 Survey Information Address: 202 E. Pilar Date: 1910 Block: 23 Lot: 1 Condition: Good; alterations to facade Description: 3-story rectangular brick commercial structure; first floor facade altered with plate glass windows and doors; square masonry columns support 1-story balcony with plain railing and posts; replacement windows. Significance: Site of first house in Texas owned by Sam Houston; shown on 1912 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map as 2-story brick with frame awning; used as hotel with furnished rooms on second...

view the listing

702 West Cox

702 West Cox 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 702 West Cox 702 West Cox 2011 Summer Survey Information 2011 Survey Form 702 West Cox 1986 Survey Information Address: 702 Cox Date: 1915 Block: 35 Lot: 1-A Description: 1-story; wood frame with horizontal wood siding; brick pier foundation with brick infill; irregular ell plan; hip roofs with hip dormer, composition shingles, deep plain entablature, medium overhang; asymmetrical inset wraparound porch with boxed wood columns, plain wood railing, stick-style lattice on east side; 2 entry doors on front set at 90 degrees, with decorative screen doors, side entry door at rear of porch wood paneled with two upper glass lights; windows 1/1 wood double-hung; hipped dormer on south facade with attic vents. Significance: About 85 years...

view the listing

200 E. Main (Old Post Office Building)

200 E. Main (Old Post Office Building) To view the independent National Register of Historic Places for this building, NR_Individual_-_Post_Office_Building_Old In 1986 this property’s address was 206 E. Main, in 2012 it was 200 E. Main. 200_E_Main 2010 Survey Information 200 E. Main 2007 National Register Information Address: 200 E. Main Name: Visitor’s Center Previous Name: Post Office / Federal Building Date: 1917 Type: Central block with wings Contributing: Yes Designed by the United States Treasury Department architect James Wetmore, this building was completed in 1917 to house the Nacogdoches United States Post Office and Federal Building. Since its official opening in February 1918, this building has served as a backbone of civic activity, a function which continued during its life as a public library, through its current function as the Nacogdoches Visitor’s Center. This property not only represents one of the few local examples of Classical Revival architecture, reflecting a nationwide trend in the design of government buildings, but signals the presence of the federal government in Nacogdoches beginning in 1914 (at the encouragement of local citizen groups). The United States Post Office and Federal Building is a 1-story building, executed in red brick with a cast sandstone base and entablature. The building is composed as a central block with wings, with a modified rectangular plan. The primary facade faces onto Main Street, symmetrically arranged to read as...

view the listing