212 East Austin

212 East Austin 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 212 East Austin

view the listing

511 West Cox

511 West Cox 2016 Survey Form 2016 Survey Form 511 West Cox

view the listing

319 Sunset

319 Sunset 2016 Survey Information 2016 Survey Form 319 Sunset

view the listing

112 Franklin Street, East

112 Franklin Street, East 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1133 Address: 112 Franklin Street, East Name: Samuel Thomas Jr. House Date: 1939 Town: Huntington Block: 13 Lot: 1 Condition: Good; early addition. Description: 1-story; wood frame with beveled wood siding; rectangular plan; pier foundation; gable roof with extended rafter ends, composition shingles; entry steps, single entry door, windows 1/1 wood double-hung.  [1986 Notes:  Style/Type:  Cottage] Significance: Cornerstone on northeast...

view the listing

518 Walnut Street, West

518 Walnut Street, West 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1130 Address: 518 Walnut Street, West Date: 1920-1930 Town: Huntington Block: 12 Condition: Good Description: 1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; brick pier foundation; irregular plan; gable roofs with extended rafter ends; extended porch with boxed columns over brick piers; windows 1/1 wood...

view the listing

219 Walnut Street, West

219 Walnut Street, West 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1128 Address: 219 Walnut Street, West Date: 1930 Town: Huntington Block: 56 Condition: Good Description: 1-story; wood frame with beveled siding; rectangular plan; gable roof with extended rafter ends, brackets, composition shingles; extended porch with slender battered columns over brick piers; 1/1 wood double-hung...

view the listing

215 Walnut Street, West

215 Walnut Street, West 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1127 Address: 215 Walnut Street, West Date: 1930s Town: Huntington Block: 56 Condition: Good Description: 1-story frame with bull-nosed siding; composition gable roof with extended rafter ends, projecting porch supported by 4 x 4 posts; windows are 1/1 wood double-hung; brick pier...

view the listing

131 Pine Street, East at Odell Road

131 Pine Street, East at Odell Road 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1117 Address: 131 Pine Street, East at Odell Road Date: 1920 Town: Huntington Block: Francisco Manchaca Survey Condition: Fair Description: 1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; rectangular plan; gable roofs with composition shingles, exterior brick chimney on west; extended porch with square brick columns with corbeled cap; windows 3/1 wood...

view the listing

1101 Main Street

1101 Main Street 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1116 Address: 1101 Main Street Date: 1910-1920 Town: Huntington Block: 3 Condition: Fair Description:  1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; pier foundation; T-plan; gable roofs with composition shingles; porch across front with chambered wood posts, two entry doors; windows 1/1 wood double-hung; exterior chimney on north was...

view the listing

210 Main Street, North

210 Main Street, North 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1109 Address: 210 Main Street, North Date: 1925-1935 Town: Huntington Block: 7 Lot: 1 and 2 Condition: Fair Description:1-story; wood frame with lapped board siding; brick pier foundation; rectangular plan; gable roof with composition shingles, extended porch with narrow battered wood columns over brick piers; windows 6/6 wood...

view the listing

Main Street, South and Preston

Main Street, South and Preston 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1107 Address: Main Street, South and Preston Date: 1910-1925 Town: Huntington Block: 17 Lot: 3 Condition: Good Description:  1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; brick pier foundation; rectangular plan with addition at rear; gable roof with composition shingles, extended rafters; porch across front with brick piers; windows 2/2 and 4/4 wood...

view the listing

112 Linn Street, West

112 Linn Street, West 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1106 Address: 112 Linn Street, West Date: 1925-1935 Town: Huntington Block: 26 Lot: 33, 34, 35, and 36. Condition: Fair Description: 1-story; wood frame with horizontal board siding; pier foundation; gable roofs with composition shingles, extended rafter and beam ends, knee braces; extended porch screened above low wall, boxed wood columns; windows 1/1 wood...

view the listing

122 Ash Street, East

122 Ash Street, East 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1103 Address: 122 Ash Street, East Date: 1920-1930 Town: Huntington Block: 65 Lot: 4 Condition: Fair – Good. Description: 1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; brick pier foundation; rectangular plan; pyramidal hip roof with extended rafter ends; extended porch with 4 x 4 posts; windows 8/8, 6/6...

view the listing

114 Ash Street, East

114 Ash Street, East 1986 Survey Information Site No.: H-1101 Address: 114 Ash Street, East Date: 1902 Town: Huntington Block: 65 Lot: 6 Condition: Good – Fair. Description:1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; brick pier foundation; rectangular plan, addition at rear; pyramidal hip roof with extended rafter ends; extended porch with 4 x 4 posts; two entry doors; windows 4/4 wood...

view the listing

Burke School

Burke School 1986 Survey Information Site No.: D-1000 Date: 1920s Town: Diboll Condition: Good – Fair Description: Two buildings:  (1) 1-story brick with hip roof; inset porch with double doors; (2) 2-story frame with rectangular plan, composition clipped gable roof with projecting porch; extended rafter ends, knee braces; windows are 9/9 wood double-hung in threes; beveled wood siding; pier and beam foundation. Significance:  H. B. Stegall and Saddlewhite taught here, both superintendents.  [1986 Notes:  Original Use:  School; Present Use:  Senior Citizens...

view the listing

Temple Eastex Shop Offices

Temple Eastex Shop Offices 1986 Survey Information Site No.: D-1011 Address: 000 Temple Eastex Plant Name:  Temple Eastex Shop Offices Date: 1910s-1920s Town: Diboll Condition: Good – Fair Description: 1-story frame with drop wood siding; rectangular plan; hip roof with extended eaves pierced by 3 dormer windows; windows are aluminum replacement; pier and beam foundation.  [1986 Notes:  Style/Type:  Railroad Depot; Original Use:  Railroad Depot and Offices; Present Use:  Offices] Significance:  Originally utilized as offices for the railroad; currently occupied by the electrical crew of the mill.   It is located immediately adjacent to the railroad tracks and...

view the listing

Temple Eastex Dry Kiln

Temple Eastex Dry Kiln 1986 Survey Information Site No.: D-1010 Address: 000 Temple Eastex Plant Name:  Temple Eastex Dry Kiln Date: 1920s-1930s Town: Diboll Condition: Fair Description: 2-story masonry, load bearing walls with header course, ell plan with projecting wing on west facade; concrete roof.  Railroad tracks run into building; wood door on north facade. Walls on east and west facades are reinforced with cast iron plate between courses; also have vertical buttresses.  [1986 Notes:  Style/Type:  Industrial; Original Use:  Industrial/Dry Kiln; Present Use:  Industrial/Dry Kiln] Significance:  Used for drying...

view the listing

Renfro Prairie, Lay, Beulah School #38, & Beulah Congregational Church

Renfro Prairie, Lay, Beulah School #38, & Beulah Congregational Church 1986 Survey Information Site No.: D-1001 Address: Rural, FM 58 Name:  Renfro Prairie, Lay, Beulah School #38, & Beulah Congregational Church Date: 1935 Town: Diboll Condition: Good – Fair; altered ca. 1960 to create community school; front bay was added. Description: Two structures: (1) School is a 1-story frame with ell plan; gable composition roof; applied siding; windows are 6/6/ wood double-hung; three doors.  (2) Church is 1-story frame with lap wood siding; hip composition roof with extended boxed eaves; projecting entry with porch also has hip roof and open sides; wood steps; double doors; windows are 2/2 wood double-hung; brick pier and beam foundation; interior is divided into three sections with two aisles; wood benches, chamfered sanctuary has podium for preacher; modern drop ceilings, wood wainscot. Significance:  Old school building was nearly blown away by tornado in 1924; church was used as a school for one year; Harold Walker made a speech here as county superintendent in 1928; it was a two-teacher school; school population moved to Diboll ca. 1960s; church served as a voting place; Renfro Prairie was an early cotton farming community; much of the land was owned by the East Texas State Representative John Renfro; later became known as the Lay Community and is presently known as the Beulah Community; Arthur Temple helped renovate the...

view the listing

000 Highway 7 – 3

000 Highway 7 Photographs 000 Highway 7 1986 Survey Information Site No.: L-0864 Address: 000 Highway 7 Date: 1900-1920 Town: Pollock Condition: Good; several additions and alterations Description: 1-story frame with 117 siding; composition hip and gable roof with extended rafter ends; windows are aluminum replacement; irregular plan; pier and beam foundation with concrete...

view the listing

On County Road South of Highway 103 Near Neches River

On County Road South of Highway 103 Near Neches River 1986 Survey Information Site No.: L-0858 Address: On County Road South of Highway 103 Near Neches River  Name: Alex Chancy/ Penn Farm, Piney Ridge Hunt Club Date: 1910s-20s Block: David McCoy Tract #9, 1226.2 acres, Account # 0027-021-009-000-00 Condition: Good Description: 1-story; ell plan with rectangular addition; clipped gable roof on original building, composition shingles, extended rafter ends; inset porch; square brick columns; multipaned glass and wood entry; windows 6/6 wood double-hung; brick chimney; low brick wall at juncture of two points of house; horizontal wood siding; gazebo building at rear on hill overlooking river bottoms; large red oak tree, pin oak tree. Significance: The farm was originally owned by Alex Chancy. After the Civil War he farmed several hundred acres on the farm, located in the rich bottomland of the Neches River. The Ewing farm, nearby had a large saw mill and was also in operation after the Civil War. Elam, Claude, and Tom Penn purchased it from Chancy in 1932. In 1939, members of the family leased 400 acres to the Pine Island Hunting and Fishing Club. The house is currently utilized as the club house. Angelina County Deed records, Volume 92 Page 64, dated July 29, 1939, gives a complete description of the...

view the listing