200 East Frank Street

Contact An Agent
200 East Frank 1986 Survey Information
  • Site No.: L-0058
  • Address: 200 East Frank Street
  • Name: County Building
  • Date: 1926
  • Architect/Builder:  Southern Steel Co., San Antonio, Texas
  • Town: Lufkin
  • Block: 15, North Side
  • Condition: Fair – Good; altered by 1950s covered entry, 1-story addition on west, painted.
  • Description: 3-story; load bearing brick, resting on a brick classical cornice with dentils above second floor, raised string courses above second and third floor windows and below first floor windows of either stone or cast stone; covered entry doors on north and south; double wood doors with upper glass light and transom on north facade; windows on north facade are paired, all windows are 2/2, 3/2 single-hung with segment arches and keystones on first floor; brick has been painted a beige color; some windows filled in; 1-story noncontributing addition on the west.  [1986 Notes:  Original Use:  Jail; Present Use:  County Offices]
  • Significance:  Angelina County Jail; R. A. Courtney was county judge; J. W. Allen, V. V. Crocker, J. W. Locke, S. L. Treadwell were commissioners; A. B. Youngblood was sheriff; newer section on west side was constructed in 1951; Wilbur Kent, AIA, was the architect, T. G. Barnes was the builder.  The 1927 Sanborn map shows a 3-story fireproof structure build in 1926.  The 1951 addition is not consistent with the original architecture style.