118/120 East Lufkin Avenue

Contact An Agent
2016 Survey Information

2016 Survey Form 118-120 East Lufkin

118/120 East Lufkin Avenue 1986 Survey Information
  • Site No.: L-0056
  • Address: 118/120 East Lufkin Avenue (Frankie’s Wig Boutique, Republic Finance, East Texas)
  • Name: Harrell Building
  • Date: 1920s
  • Town: Lufkin
  • Block: 10
  • Lot: 10, E. 24.5 feet of Lot 10, no 0.5 feet of Lot 11, Account #3570-388-010-010-00.
  • Condition: Good; all windows replaced with set-in glass.
  • Description: 2-story masonry with brick facade; rectangular plan; two bays articulated by two pairs of double-hung windows; decorative brickwork at cornice; marble plaque reads “Harrell Building,” depending frame awning; awning lights intact; doorway to second story on west side; recessed entries; original display areas.
  • Significance:  The 1928 City Directory lists Peavy Bros. Dry goods and McMullen & Franklin Millinery at 116-118 E. Lufkin, 120 was the Avenue Barber Shop, 120-124 was Harrell Transfer and C. H. Harrell Filling Station; the 1937 City Directory lists 118 as Lufkin Publishing Company and Lufkin Daily News, 120 was Western Auto Association Store.