112 East Lufkin Avenue

Contact An Agent
2016 Survey Information

2016 Survey Form 112 East Lufkin

112 East Lufkin Avenue 1986 Survey Information
  • Site No.: L-0050
  • Address: 112 East Lufkin Avenue
  • Name: Three Sisters Antiques
  • Date: 1904-1908
  • Town: Lufkin
  • Block: 10
  • Lot: 6, #3570-388-010-006-00
  • Condition: Good
  • Description: 1-story masonry; rectangular plan; three bays; recessed chamfered bay, two of three awning lights intact, middle one is clear glass and reads “Three Sisters Antiques Gifts Collectibles,” stuccoed facade is scored; entry doors are double oak with brass hardware. [1986 Note: Original Use:  Retail; Present Use:  Retail]
  • Significance:  The 1908 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map (Sheet 3) shows a 1-story brick structure. The 1928 City Directory shows the Lufkin Daily News and Weekly News, Watford-Binion Ptg. Co. The 1937 City Directory shows Royal Auto Supply and C. P. Thomas Optometrist.  Nominated to the National Register as one of the last remaining relatively unaltered examples of utilitarian commercial architecture in the Lufkin Central Business District.  The significance is in the areas of architecture and commerce.